Are you a student who wants to earn online? Or maybe a businessman who needs knowledge to expand his business online? Are you too skeptical about earning money through digital marketing? Well, if the answer to any of these questions is yes, You’ve come to the right place!
Because in this post of Terminal Stack, we will be discussing each and every detail you need to know about digital marketing and how it’s a potential tool for business . And if you already have prior knowledge about it you can just skip to a specific topic down here!
- What is digital marketing?
- Why shall you learn digital marketing?
- Understanding the digital marketing process.
- Scope of digital marketing
- Types of digital marketing
What is digital marketing?
Did you search something on google today? Or did you see that video which went viral yesterday? If yes, you are a part of the digital world along with 4.7 billion other people which is 59% of the world’s population. And these numbers keep increasing day by day. So you know how much potential the online industry has got! But why are we discussing this? That’s because digital marketing simply means using digital tools to promote your business and communicating value to your customers through various channels such as search engines, emails, social media platforms etc.
Why shall we learn digital marketing?
- It is relevant,personalised,cost effective,easily scalable,has a scope for high engagement, and can easily go viral.
- It helps us outrank various big companies even though they have a larger amount to invest in advertisement because we can find a specific keyword and deliver high quality content which will help our website to rank through different search engines.
- Highly measurable as it’s impossible for us to know how many people have flipped through the pages of the magazine you’ve put your advertisement on. But through digital marketing we can keep a check on metrics including clicks, shares, views, time spent by a particular customer on our page.
Understanding the Digital Marketing process:
Firstly, your online business needs visibility on various social media platforms like linkedin, facebook, instagram etc and this is basically called digital presence. The most common way of getting large no of loyal followers to our brand is having a website, almost every small scale business starts with a website.
Now that you have an online presence you’ll obviously need someone to purchase your product. You can’t pitch your product to anyone out there.This is what targeted traffic is, potential customers who’ll purchase your product.
So you’ve reached so far and have an audience too. But will you want them to leave you after a certain amount of time? Definitely not, right? So here’s when you can apply facebook ads or start email marketing to build trust and to promote your content or in other words engage with your audience.
Great! You engaged with the audience, nurtured them? Cleared their doubt? Now is the time to sell your content. And if a customer(lead) buys something. We say that lead has converted!
Tools like google analytics, click magic, click meter etc helps us count the no. of views, visitors you have, thus we can measure the amount of sales we get from a particular social media platform and optimize the stats according to your needs. Suppose you have 1000 visitors but only 300 of them purchased your product, will you leave those 700 without retargeting? Nope. You can run a Facebook ad funnel and show a particular ad to only those customers to get more sales.
Scope of digital marketing
Growth in this particular industry is overwhelming, it is booming not just in one particular field but in every field. By the year 2015 this industry provided over 1.5 lakh job opportunities.And by 2020 this number shot up significantly!
All this was achieved by following features of digital marketing:
- It is highly flexible as there are no restrictions to work in this industry. It doesn’t matter whether you are sitting at the comfort of your home or whether you are in the office. You can work from anywhere anytime.
- Operating and learning the digital tools is very simple. Everyone knows how to manage a social media account or make a website. This is purely a user- friendly medium.
- It has a higher engagement ratio than the traditional media because we can always keep a check on our audience.
- And to add cherry on top we get plenty of job opportunities here. When in covid many small businesses shut down, the one’s working digitally had a massive boom.
Also Read: What is Amazon WoW?
Types of digital marketing
- Content marketing
- Search engine optimization(SEO)
- Pay per click(PPC)
- Social media marketing
- Email marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Native advertising
And here are a few quick points which you can go through to understand all the types in depth.
This means creation and promotion of our brand through various channels like blog,videos, case studies and infographics by providing valuable content to them. We have explained some of them here:
blog post: Almost all the brands have their own website from which they provide content to their targeted audience.
Infographics: They are images which help in visual representation of a particular topic and also make our articles, blogs, videos attractive.
Ebooks and whitepapers:This type of descriptive form of content helps our viewers to get engaged in and understand our motto in detail. It helps us exchange the contact information which we can use for lead generation.
Search engine optimization
This is the process of ranking our website on various search engines which thus helps us increase organic followers to our content. We can promote blogs,websites and infographics through this method.
It is a way to drive traffic through click per ad and the most common type of PPC is google ads which technically reserves a seat for our website on google search engine in return for a certain price ”per-click”. There are many types of ads like text ads which show on search results or images ads / video ads which show up on websites or videos. We can use other platforms too for these running these ads like:
- Facebook ads
- Instagram ads
- Youtube ads
- Sponsored messages on linkedin
- Twitter ads campaign
Social media marketing:
Using social media platforms like linkedin,youtube,facebook,instagram,twitter to tap in a larger audience is called social media marketing. We can advertise our products/services through images,posts,stories and videos etc
This is a way of communicating to our audience on a constant basis through emails.Companies use this to keep a track on their audience,to bring them on their website the second time,to keep them engaged, to nurture them,and to make sure they purchase their products. So, next time you get an email from websites you’ve visited long ago, you know what it’s about right?
Whenever a product is sold by the third party or Affiliate (Person between Seller and Consumer), gets some commision from the company. There are many companies running this affiliate marketing program like amazon,flipkart.
This primarily type of advertising in which our content is featured on a platform, alongside other non paid content.
Exponentially increasing internet users create a huge opportunity for marketers. And here’s when digital marketing comes into picture. We can promote our content on social media, drive sales or leads, increase clicks to our website and improve our brand awareness.
So when are you starting your online business and which of these strategies are you going to follow?
Do let me know in the comment section down below!
Thank you so much for reading!