Are you a woman looking for more opportunities in tech? Then this article is for you! Terminal Stack has collected all the information you need about amazon wow as well as how to join this program in this post.
Amazon Wow is a networking platform for all women engineering students in India that connects them to Amazon leaders, recruiters, and the broader Amazon community. Amazon Wow is a contest held by a renowned product-based organization Amazon, which allows you to get an internship or a full-time job at amazon.
History of Amazon:-
Amazon has completed its 8 years in the Indian marketplace from 2013 to 2020. Amazon goes live with its Indian marketplace in 2013. Then each year amazon launches a new product in India. In the year 2016, it launched amazon prime and amazon prime for mobile edition. In the year 2017, it launched Fire TV Stick and Echo devices. Amazon is getting more popular in India so it started Amazon music in Feb 2018 and Amazon mob India in Nov 2018. This is how Amazon is getting popular day by day in India.
14 Leadership Principles for Amazon jobs:-
Some commonly used leadership principles are focused on change promote diversity etc. but if you want to get an internship or full-time job at Amazon here are the 14 principles which you have to consider
- Customer Obsession
- Invent and Simplify
- Are Right, A Lot
- Learn and Be Curious
- Hire and Develop the Best
- Insist of the Highest Standards
- Think Big
- Bias for Action
- Earn Trust
- Dive Deep
- Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit
- Deliver Results
Who can participate?
- Amazon Wow is open to all women students across engineering campuses in India
- Any women student who is currently pursuing a four-year Btech/BE or two-year MCA, M-Tech/ME program or Five year Dual Degree can Participate
How is Amazon Wow structured?
- Interested women students are required to register on the portal
- The amazon Wow program aims to engage and connect with registered participants on an ongoing basis. The events will be conducted virtually and the list of events for every quarter will be published in the events section.
- Participants will have to register for each session to be part of the session
Tech roles at Amazon
- Software Development Engineers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Software Development Engineer-Testing (SDET)
- Support Engineer
- System Development Engineer
- Programmer Analyst
- Data Engineer
Amazon’s Evaluation Process
- 6 Month Intern
OA +2 Round of Technical Interview
- 2 Month Intern
OA + 1 Round of Technical Interview
OA + 3 Round of Technical Interview
OA= Online Assessments
Career Path at Amazon:-
There are several roles at amazon which are given to the employees.
Also Read: 3 Effective tips on note making