Chrome extensions are the add-ons to your chrome web browser. It enhances the browsing experience, customizes and personalizes Google Chrome.
Chrome extensions are really powerful and can make life easier. That is why there are so many of them. The best thing about Chrome extensions is that they are completely free and they can help increase productivity and makes you work efficiently.
Talking about the best there are many popular extensions and yes they are much useful. The Chrome Store has hundreds of extensions to suit every taste and need. In this blog, we will take a look at 5 Chrome extensions that are unpopular but very helpful.
CATEGORY: Search tool
Have you ever come across something like when you searched for some information on a random topic and ended up with nothing useful to you? As there are thousands of pages and billions of different websites with a bulk of content in it. Then this extension will be helpful to you. This will optimize search results, highlight texts, and many more…
- It scans the most viewed and most trusted pages from your search result.
- It provides a bookmarking tool for youtube videos to ensure that you won’t miss the best moments when revisited.
- Highlight text on a web page that you feel is insightful. And all the highlighted text can be found in one place. My highlights
CATEGORY: Social & Communication
Sometimes it’s hectic to use WhatsApp Web. Whenever notification is received, it beeps up. Which will annoy you at some point in time. Because not every message is important when you are busy working. So this extension is going to be very much useful to concentrate and to avoid unnecessary messages.
- Also runs when the WhatsApp tab is closed.
- After enabling always-on notification, it can show messages even after closing the Chrome browser.Without opening the WhatsApp Web one can read all the messages received.
Also read: What is end-to-end encryption in WhatsApp?
CATEGORY: Entertainment & Fun
Teleparty is a watch party browser extension for watching TV remotely with friends. It synchronizes video playback and adds group chat to your favorite streaming sites. There are many such apps and websites where you can stream a movie with friends. Alternatively, you may use Scener Extension. Famous OTT platforms have their feature for a watch party. Then why Teleparty? Let’s see its key features.
- It supports Netflix, Disney, Hulu, and HBO.
- It’s easy to start. All you need to do is just pin the extension in the upper right corner on chrome. Start a video and just simply click on the red button which you pinned. Share the party URL with friends and boom!! You’re good to go!
4. Read Aloud
It’s a text-to-speech extensions a text-to-speech extension. If you want to prevent your eyes from high damage, you should install this tool. It helps you to reduce eye strain by listening to the text. Though desktop has this in-built feature one needs to always go through the settings to turn it on whereas it’s simple if you add an extension. Try it out and listen to our amazing tech posts instead of reading them.
- It works on a variety of websites, blogs, fan fiction, publications, textbooks, school and class websites, including news sites, and online university course materials.
- Read Aloud can read PDF, Google Docs, Google Playbooks, Amazon Kindle, and EPUB
- An open-source project.
5. Webtime tracker
With the help of this tool, you can discover your browsing habits.
- Runs offline.
- Monitors web screen time.
- Shows recorded data graphically.
So these were some of the best chrome extensions you could use to increase your productivity and enhance your browsing experience. Do let us know which chrome extension did you liked the most in the comment section down below!
We are not finished yet with these extensions. There is a lot to come. Chrome web store has thousands of extensions where many of them are useful, productive, etc. So stay tuned for part 2.